Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: input delay/lag?  (Read 4699 times)

kekisha

• View Profile
input delay/lag?
« on: November 13, 2013, 07:30:03 PM »
One of my biggest issues with playing the current build is that i seem to have a strange delay when moving around the map causing me to Run straight into a room and practically die uncontrollably.

It seems to occur only when i hold down a movement key for aprox 3 seconds or longer- its almost as if the movement key gets stuck and i run forward unable to shoot or use abilitys for a sometimes Short-Long period of time Depending on How long i held my movement key down for.

Strictly holding down shoot does not cause this to happen Nor does it if i put effort into spacing out my movement, however doing that makes it extremely hard when Dashing down hallways or running through/from a flood of monsters.

my Ping has been kept solid in the 90s thru out my play, so i know this isn't an issue

Kevin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: input delay/lag?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 08:38:51 PM »
Hi, thanks for the issue report.

I've heard this from several other players. Unfortunately, it doesn't happen on my dev machine making it difficult to debug. Can you tell me:

What OS are you running?
What browser and version of Flash?

kekisha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 09:56:24 PM »
Running win 7
Firefox
You have version 11,9,900,117 installed

Hope that helps, Friend i have been playing with also, Does not have this issue- is Odd.

kekisha

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 02:56:53 PM »
Follow-up since the last patch,  Wanted to inform that the issue is indeed still occuring.

kekisha

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 09:08:22 AM »
Did some messing around with this issue this morning, and found that Simply holding down the movement keys does nothing to replicate this.

However if i hold down a direction, while Spinning my cursor around keeping a constant motion, the cursor becomes almost impossible to drag around, and it results in the game Causing this "Delay/lag".

I did this long enough to cause me to lose absolute control over my character for ~30seconds.  I believe i could have went longer if i "choose" to

Not sure if that will help or not

---------
After my message here  i went ahead and was curious if i could make the game crash by doing this- I was unsucessful, but i did manage to drop my FPS down to 10 forcing the client for me to basically a halt, while also creating upwards of a 5min ( i lost count lol?) delay where i could do nothing except watch.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 09:32:01 AM by kekisha »

Kevin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 11:52:04 AM »
Interesting. I'll investigate the code that responds to mouse movement.

Aaargh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 09:52:13 PM »
I get the same thing, Windows 8.1 and Firefox 25.0.1.  I find it happens when I have multi-shot, a high attack rate, and there are many opponents on-screen.

kekisha

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 09:24:40 PM »
I get the same thing, Windows 8.1 and Firefox 25.0.1.  I find it happens when I have multi-shot, a high attack rate, and there are many opponents on-screen.

The issue i spoke of more recently has nothing to do with anything you have listed-  I can simply go into a level 1 game with no items and reproduce this issue in a matter of seconds.

i can only describe your issues as just a general performance problem.