Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: FLASH CRASH  (Read 6806 times)

Cryfowl

• View Profile
FLASH CRASH
« on: November 14, 2013, 05:30:05 PM »
I've managed to crash the flash browser twice during play today. Both times had great items boo. Don't know if this has anything to do with your end. Perhaps I should just update.

Kevin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: FLASH CRASH
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 05:40:28 PM »
What version/browser are you on? Any error messages?

Cryfowl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 07:55:01 PM »
browers is google chrome  i dont know which version. No error message either just Shockwave flash has crashed message. i HAVE DONE IT ABOUT 6 TIMES NOW TONIGHT. Just use rogue. multishot, richocette, and step into a huge room with lots of mobs and let loose. You will start skipping and freezing. If you continue to shoot it'll crash. If you stop for a minute and let it catch up then the game will continue without crashing.

Kevin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 08:05:05 PM »
I wasn't able to immediately replicate it on Level 10 (the one with all the bats), but it may depending on some other variables. What dungeon depth were you? What can you tell me about your system?

You can find out the Flash version by right-clicking anywhere in the Flash window (you don't need to be in a game), it should show you toward the bottom.

Cryfowl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 09:42:04 PM »
I am using an older machine but it should be handling this ok. My flash is : You have version 11,9,900,117 installed
Overall it's similar to what others reported with lots of monsters on screen, ricochette, multishot etc. i had rubber banding also.

kekisha

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 10:36:29 PM »
personally I have also been unable to replicate this, I have been past lv 10 multiple times while having upwards of +8-10 multishot and +2-4 rico bonuses without crashing or having significant lag issues(to the point of unplayable)

What does the error say?  and in what form does it appear.  If you can, take a Screen shot of it next time and post it on here.

While the way you describe it does sound similar to the issue i had last night, i think yours is more due to something on your end.

As i don't plan to know any part of your web habits, nor anything about your PC specs.  For now I would just recommend to close and restart your browser before you start playing, and try to keep the amount of tabs using flash opened on your browser (youtube) and tabs in general to a minimum.  See if that helps mitigate the issue.

Kevin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 10:42:22 PM »
This afternoon's patch update made a change decreasing the performance cost of projectiles on the client, let me know if that improved that crash issue.

zenjah

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 12:21:18 AM »
The same thing happened to me while playing tonight.

I was in a game with kekisha and we both had infernal boots and ricochet amulets. Things got pretty laggy with all the projectiles and eventually my Flash crashed.

kekisha

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 01:18:24 AM »
Lol, was wondering where you went all of a sudden.  My bad,  Didnt mean to Kill you haha

I however didnt crashed and havn't crashed in the way shown/listed by you guys, in fact i believe you crashed out on lv 18, i managed to go till 25 before dying without much of an issue.

The game does start to lag for me with a high volume of projectiles on the screen and at the current state, i believe with enough projectiles even i would eventually crash;  however its too hard to say when/where that point lies for both myself and every other player playing the game.

with that said i believe the issue at hand is both a mix between optimizing the game itself and individual hardware specs.

kinda curious what your spec's are to compare and to have a baseline reference.

for myself
win7
RAM- 8gig
Intel Q6600
Nvidia geforce GTX 650

Kevin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 10:40:54 AM »
I'll keep investigating.

Probably what I should do is add in a graphics quality setting so users who are having performance issues can turn down particles and dynamic shadows.

Btw, if one of you can get a screenshot during heavy lag, that would be helpful as I could see what entities/effects are being rendered.

Fyren

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 04:11:52 PM »
I haven't had this problem, but in general, you end up with way more enemies in levels 20+ than you do bats on level 10.

kekisha

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 05:26:22 PM »
I was almost certain this was going to crash me, However it did not.  The game had periods in this hallway where it slowed down to almost a complete halt.  My only movements i could do were slightly tapping the keys, and Holding down Left click.

In fact the closer i moved to the center of the room, the slower the game got, I never got to see the full density of monsters inside sadly, but judging by the amount of loot on the ground i can only imagine the sorcs were/had spawned monsters like crazy.

Also, is lv 18 the level cap??  I couldnt really check the numbers or else i would die,  but my bar visually never moved after i hit 18-  In fact this room in the picture i was 18 before hand and in for about 5mins clearing mass amounts of reapers

Eventually i died about 30sec's after taking this photo, What killed me was not able to see the reapers Through all the loot on the ground as they were pouring in at me.

Kevin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 05:43:03 PM »
Well that's just ridiculous what's going on there  ;D

The dungeon levels beyond 16 are not well balanced. I actually thought most players would not make it much past level 20 in the current version, but clearly I was wrong.

One problem is that it looks like at depths 20+ sorcerors can potentially spawn sorcerors which can lead to a chain reaction. If your client didn't crash, your instance would have probably died eventually when it hit the entity limit.

In the upcoming iterations I'll spend some more time on the deeper level content and try to make it more challenging and balanced.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 05:50:12 PM by Kevin »

kekisha

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2013, 05:52:30 PM »
Well you did ask for a SS during "Heavy" lag-  I guess for me, this is what it takes XD

Yea the sorc's spawning sorcs is probably the only thing holding myself/others back from reaching higher depths atm.

If you dont have the gear to take them down quickly or blow up mass amounts of reapers, you end up with what happened to me.  This was probably the best case senario for me too- being in a hallway like this allows me to easily take out reapers in ~2 seconds a piece.  It just wasn't enough.

Oh also to add, Freezeing sorc's Do not prevent them from actually spawning mobs,  Which makes rogues useless atm past the lv 20mark Just because the only thing you can do is stop beholders from shocking you...  I might try a warrior next.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 06:00:31 PM by kekisha »

zenjah

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2013, 06:42:43 PM »
My system is 5 or so years old now I guess.

Vista Home Basic sp2
Some AMD 4 core @2.8 ghz
4 gig of RAM
ATI Radeon 4800 series