Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: latest update questions/comments.  (Read 6035 times)

kekisha

• View Profile
latest update questions/comments.
« on: November 24, 2013, 12:52:36 AM »
few things

First i wanted to ask if Vampric was changed at all? as i noticed it giving little to no benefit when killing really anything-  i had a total of 21 vamp, and actually tossed away my divine ring that was 17toughness 8vamp for a standard Heroic 7 health regen ring.

I ended up spending about 10k gold netloss in food/potions which was somewhat disappointing,  Because of the low sustain i had i ended up just running stairway to stairway asap without little regard to the rest of the map and fighting the shop keep for food.

Also is is possible to make the Higher tier items Stand out more then the others, Unique color/glow what not- its soo hard to tell, half the time i don't bother trying to look and rely on the shop for items more then what i find in the depths since almost all of them are still low tier junk loot.

Lag/stability wise for me, i did not really see an improvement, it still chops up while fighting in the same way it used to.

Kevin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: latest update questions/comments.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 03:33:21 PM »
Vampire has been made logarithmic, stronger at low values, but not as powerful at high values. I think in the previous version it was too strong, it might have been weakened a bit too much, I'll look into it.

In terms of difficulty, what depth range were finding yourself rushing to the exit? The deep levels still need balancing work and a better selection of enemies that provide the right level of balance.

The drops have a color coded halo that indicates their level, but it might not be obvious enough. Perhaps they should also have a particle effect that scales to the value, so you can tell that an item emitting a lot of particles is worth checking out. It's probably also the case that at the deeper levels the dungeon should drop fewer low level items so you don't have to wade through junk to find something good.

I'm sorry you're still having lag issues. Is it across all depths or only at the very deep levels?

Thanks for providing good feedback to help me improve the game!

kekisha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 12:40:16 AM »
While i do agree, vamp was too strong before, i feel the change did hit it too hard.  my build went from healing almost full off a reaper kill to healing what seems like ~15 hp and less for beholders.

i started rushing exit to exit after the 20th floor, Mainly because of the free damage beholders get to do (off screen shocks)  there was almost no way to effectively trade even, unless i saw them clumped in a room first and got the freeze off.  this is still majorly due to the new changes to Vamp though.  It was entirely possible for me to continue running downward as long as two things happened,  Shops luckily gave me 5 food to start the next level Or, i simply ran into as few beholders as possible.   

Well as much as having a higher drop rate at lower depths would be nice,  i cannot really even tell what the current drop rate is haha.

Yes, the lag is across all depths, it gets worse the lower you go only because you have to shoot more, to deal with more monsters.

Kevin, No problem.  just remember, make/focus the game how You want it, I don't want to persuade you into doing something that  You don't like or find unfit for the game.  If i can feed you information that helps you decide on how/what to do about X,Y,Z then thats great, and i'm glad you enjoy the feedback.

Cryfowl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 05:08:14 PM »
few things

First i wanted to ask if Vampric was changed at all? as i noticed it giving little to no benefit when killing really anything-  i had a total of 21 vamp, and actually tossed away my divine ring that was 17toughness 8vamp for a standard Heroic 7 health regen ring.

I ended up spending about 10k gold netloss in food/potions which was somewhat disappointing,  Because of the low sustain i had i ended up just running stairway to stairway asap without little regard to the rest of the map and fighting the shop keep for food.

Also is is possible to make the Higher tier items Stand out more then the others, Unique color/glow what not- its soo hard to tell, half the time i don't bother trying to look and rely on the shop for items more then what i find in the depths since almost all of them are still low tier junk loot.

Lag/stability wise for me, i did not really see an improvement, it still chops up while fighting in the same way it used to.
I have to agree. I think you nerfed the vamp a little too much. It was too strong before - now it's too weak. as for performance issues I am still crashing just about every time I play. Had around 500+ ping this evening and that the highest ive ever seen it.

Kevin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 02:17:04 PM »
Vampire has been slightly de-nerfed. It still isn't linear (+10 isn't 10 times as much vampire as 1), but should be more powerful than the last release.

kekisha

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 12:22:55 PM »
Game crashed on me on floor 47- it was kind of odd, nothing was actually happening at that very moment, i was simply walking down a single tile'd corridor when it just suddenly lagged bad and died- Could it be from a Memory leak of sorts?  i really have no idea.

Kinda sucked, because i was aiming for lv 50 at least which i'm pretty sure i was going to make it.  Also beat my high score by a Good margin considering final score wasn't tallied together  (Going to assume i hit 5Mil) .

Vamp does seem better overall, but i am still unsure if i feel it needs more tweaking or what.  I do believe it's at an approximate  area of where it should be though.

The game is still fairly laggy- worse then it was previously.   I managed to run face first into a few reapers time to time having no control over it.

The new glow on expensive items is kinda helpful in determining whats good/bad

Question- Is there a such thing as Divine Ruby bracelet/Necklace?

Kevin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 07:31:39 PM »
Sorry about your game. I looked at the server logs but they didn't tell me very much, just that the client disconnected.

When you say bad lag, what kind of ping are you seeing in game (below FPS, shows up after about 10 seconds)?

kekisha

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 07:39:45 PM »
my ping is around ~100 on the NA server, and ~150 on EU, so its not a network issue.   my FPS is what bounces to extreme ends.

Kevin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 08:51:28 PM »
Have you tried turning down the graphics quality (in options from join screen)?

kekisha

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 09:01:41 AM »
That run was done in High, i decided to play a little this morning with it on Low to see what changed, and i did not see any improvement in the slightest, Nor did i see any changes visually different.  My FPS still bounces downward quite often and rapidly, its extremely hard for me to say specifically as to what it could or might be.

If it would help i can perhaps stream a video of my next run for you to look at and see.

Kevin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 11:49:12 AM »
Sure, that might be helpful.

High versus low effects the maximum number of particle effects and whether or not dynamic shadows are used for moving objects. It might be that the cause of the lag is unrelated to graphic rendering. What can you tell me about your system?